I never was really a blondie person before. They tasted a little too...blah to me.
Until we found the best recipe in the world.
I had no idea that blondies are actually supposed to taste like a chocolate chip cookie with the texture of moist brownies. Like these do.
Your life will be forever changed. I promise you.
(Adapted from this recipe...but use my version. Unless you want to die of too much salt and overdone blondies...I always double this recipe. I also omitted the walnuts, but feel free to add them.)
The Perfect Blondies
- - 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- - 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- - 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- - 1 large egg
- - 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- - 1 cup bread flour (spooned and leveled)
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter 8 inch square baking pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars and butter until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt, and mix until just moistened (be sure not to overmix). Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Transfer batter to pan and smooth top. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
the entire pan a (few) delicious squares.
PS Photographing food is a lot harder than you'd think. So please excuse the horrible pictures.